A Topographical Dictionary of England 1831 Vol 2 of 4
Transcriptions by Mike Strange ©
DERSINGHAM, a parish in the Lynn division of the hundred of FREEBRIDGE, county of NORFOLK, 4½ miles (N. N. E.) from Castle-Rising, containing 584 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Norwich, rated in the King's books at £5. 6. 8., and in, the patronage of D. Haste, Esq. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a large pile, composed of boulder and flint, and covered with lead; it has, at the west end, a strong quadrangular tower, crowned with a lantern and a small shaft. At the south east side of the church-yard there is an ancient chapel in ruins.